Thursday, July 17, 2008

I Can

I can feel your tender hands
Smothering my body
Caressing hidden places
Forbidden by others

I can feel your soft lips
Tenderly on my back,
Slowly down my spine,
Begging me to twinge

I can feel your heart
True next to mine
While we lay naked
Cuddling each other

I can hear your voice
A thousand miles away
Calling just to say
That you love me

I can feel your soul
Faintly slipping away
Into a desolate mind
Of what-should-have-beens

I can feel your thoughts
Fading into misery
Consumed by despair,
Self-doubt and self-hate

I can feel me ignoring
Everything that hurts you,
Forgetting the reality
Ignoring the God factor

I can feel you crushing
My world of make believe
Like a promise never made
Like a symphony never hear

I can feel you breathe on me
And I could scarcely imagine
Why you would ever
Leave a lady behind

I can't believe
What it's like to feel
If this would be real
But then again I can

No comments: