Monday, November 19, 2007

blues man

As I amble towards
this last goodbye
lingerings of dealings
scatterings of faces
distorted places
burnt offerings
frail sacrifices
abandon me
it is as though
the music went out of me
it lost its interest in me
a roller coaster
living in me
while it all becomes
settled in my mind
sleeping with my
dagger not so to find
you see for with my
dagger i can make
you stagger alone
down a twisty muddy road
where blues men
strain sorrowful notes
through whiskey bottles
and cigarette smoke frame
soft and sweet tunes
milky white, pink tendrils
reach ever upwards tinting
the walls a sublime pink
magnolias to caress my face
Sonny Terry invites me
inside out of the snowy night
and into the world of
coffee shops where effortlessly
his blues harp tears apart my soul
courtyards holding hands
gently kissing ruby lips on a
milk white palette.
all of this comes back to me
As I amble towards this
last goodbye

No comments: