Wednesday, October 03, 2007

letters from the l plains

How are you my love? Light of my life. It has taken me what seems like forever to find you separated as suddenly as we were thrown together in that time of man's war with himself. I have sat and watched the summer rains falling on my Texas plains, and tried to remember your beauty.All that I could call were frail ghostlike images, stale fragrances, and faint refrains
from so long ago.
Tis been a life time since i have felt your tender touch or heard the healing melody that is your voice. I fear there is nothing left to say and only the most despised of things to do. Forgive me mlady for as I sit in the loneliness that is this exile of mine I ask and answer myself with the most negative of questions and answers. Even now I do not have the slightest hope that I have lived on in your heart.
Can it be so that this sojourn of mine has been in vain? Have I stayed too long in the wandering ways ? Does it not matter that I have loved only you in my heart though my fragile nature has strayed on occasion? I fear what I know to be and that is you are lost to me forever.
I pray for your mercy, I beg forgiveness for falling into your life and then for running away
across the wide furious ocean. Sad. this that one who once was so alive and carefree would now
be filled with death and trepidation. Mad, that fear kept one from returning to the comfort of your bosom. Glad, that one will not await a response but will wander to the wonderland where one will hear,smell feel and taste what one has lost.

With great devotion,
and utter cowardice
as always
drunk and depressed
your lost one

PS I promise to stop
drinking when i see your face again

No comments: